Celebration of Excellence Application Instructions
The eligibility requirements are:
- High school senior, graduating in May/June 2021
- A minimum cumulative Weighted GPA of 3.4
- Show an active participation in school and community
- Show demonstrated leadership skills
- Provide a commitment to attend and graduate from a four-year college or university
Scholarship Application Instructions:
All scholarship applications are to be submitted online at oaklandbayarealinks.org no later than Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 12 pm PST.
Scholarship applications are considered complete when each of the following items has been submitted:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4 is required for consideration. We encourage you to apply early.
- Applications can be submitted online or mailed.
- All mailed and emailed items must be postmarked or timestamped on or before 3/3/2021 to be considered.
- Mail an official high school transcript – postmarked on or before 3/3/2021 to: 6114 LaSalle Ave, #739, Oakland, CA 94611-2802
- Upload the most current unofficial high school transcript with your application
- Two (2) teacher/school administration letters of reference – direct school staff to email the letter of reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you may download with the application. All emails must have the student’s first and last name and their high school in the subject field.
- Upload student picture – no black and white photos.
- Once you have completed your application, email: email@example.com with your first and last name and school in the subject field to confirm your email address.
- All items must be submitted/postmarked on or before Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 12pm PST to be considered complete.
- All awardees must attend the Celebration of Excellence virtual event on Sunday, April 18, 2021. If you cannot attend a family member must do so for you or your award will be forfeited.
- Applications from relatives of The Links, Incorporated will not be considered.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Completed applications with all required documents must be submitted in their entirety on or before 12 pm on Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
- Celebration of Excellence Virtual Ceremony ~ Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 3 pm.
Direct inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and good luck!
The Celebration of Excellence Scholarship Committee
Oakland Bay Area Chapter of The Links, Incorporated