The Celebration of ExcellenceThe Celebration of Excellence identifies and acknowledges high school seniors who have achieved academic excellence.
Originating in the 1990s, the program annually provides awards scholarships to students residing in Alameda and Contra Costa counties who:
- have a grade point average of 3.5 or above;
- are involved in co-curricular and community activities;
- demonstrate good character and conduct;
- submit an essay describing experiences, person(s) of influence in their life, and long-and short-term goals;
- plan to enter a four-year college or university.
The Celebration of Excellence ceremony is held annually in April.