Since its founding, Oakland Bay Area Links, Incorporated (CA) remains committed to serving the Greater Oakland Bay Area community through our four program facets:
Services to Youth (STY)
Aid minority youth in America to find and fulfill their intellectual potential. STY provides programs that assist youth in developing positive self-esteem, increase academic achievement and address social issues affecting African-American youth and families.
The Arts (TA)
Encourage appreciation and provide support for all art forms. TA provides opportunities and enhances knowledge and appreciation of art for youth and adults.
National Trends and Services (NTS)
Promote awareness of issues that affect African Americans. NTS identifies, designs and implements programs that heighten awareness of educational, economic, health and wellness, political and social issues that impact African-Americans.
International Trends and Services (ITS)
Expand the global platform for programs serving the educational, health and cultural needs of people of African descent throughout the world. Through ITS, the Links build schools in South Africa to ensure education for African children, support foreign students attending American colleges and universities, and collaboratively sponsor international projects.
Health and Human Services (HHS)
The Links, Incorporated established the Health and Human Services facet in response to the chronic health disparities that persist in black communities and result in the decreased life expectancy of African Americans and other people of African ancestry. The goal of HHS is to promote and facilitate programs that support the maintenance of good health and the elimination of chronic health disparities in communities of color through education, health advocacy, and optimal utilization of health resources. Community education about health risks is crucial and The Links, Incorporated plays a significant role in providing it.
The Oakland Bay Area Links, Incorporated (CA) supports community-based organizations making a positive difference in the lives of African Americans through the giving of philanthropic grants and offering community service programs. For over 50 years, we have provided more than $1,000,000 in grants and programs generated from proceeds of our primary fundraiser: The Cotillion. The focus of our fundraising efforts include:
- Children’s Hospital Sickle Cell Program & Family House
- Sinkler Miller Medical Association
- East Oakland Youth Development Center
- East Bay Community Law Center
- Wardrobe for Opportunity
- St. Vincent de Paul, Women’s Visitation Center
and Champion Men’s Center
- Today’s Youth Matters
- Omega Boys Club
- Boys and Girls Club
- Girls Inc. of Contra Costa County
- Junior Achievement of the Bay Area
- Marcus A. Foster Educational Institute
Elizabeth House (Oakland)
- Oakland Ballet Association
- Alvin Ailey Ballet Camp
- Oakland Symphony
- Oakland Museum
- Berkeley Youth Jazz Program
- Dimensions Dance Theater
- Lafayette School Mentoring Program
- Center for Youth Development Through Law
- Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights
- Donald McCullum Youth Court
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- United Negro College Fund
- St. Paul Economic Empowerment Development Corporation
- Downs Community Development Corporation
- Links Celebration of Excellence Book & Scholarship Fund
These and numerous other organizations continue to benefit from the Bay Area’s generous support of our grantmaking and programs.